Allan Nackan CPA, CA, CIRP, LIT
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- acting as court-appointed receiver and interim receiver
- acting as monitor or financial advisor in Companies’ Creditor Arrangement Act (CCAA) and Chapter 11 proceedings
- acting as a Licensed Insolvency Trustee under the Bankruptcy & Insolvency Act (BIA) proposals and bankruptcies for a wide variety of corporations and their creditors
- representing foreign parties in Canadian insolvency proceedings
- providing financial advisory services outside of formal insolvency proceedings
In addition, Allan serves as a director of BTG Global Advisory, one of the world’s largest specialist independent insolvency and restructuring alliances, with member firms around the globe, including offices across the US, UK, Europe, Australia, South Africa, India, Brazil, Hong Kong and Singapore. In this role, Allan leads Farber’s international and cross-border initiatives.
Select client experience
- financial advisor to Representative Counsel to non-union retirees and active employees of U.S. Steel Canada Inc. (a.k.a., Stelco)
- financial advisor to the Superintendent of Financial Services representing Ontario Pension Benefit Guarantee Fund, a major stakeholder in CCAA/Chapter 11 filings by Nortel Networks Limited
- financial advisor to the Superintendent of Financial Services representing Ontario Pension Benefit Guarantee Fund in CCAA of Sears Canada Inc.
- restructuring and or liquidation of national retail chains such as Tabi International, Clothing for Modern Times (Urban Behaviour and Costa Blanca), The Tall Girl Shop, and Movie Gallery Canada (a.k.a., Hollywood Video)
- numerous insolvency and forensic proceedings to trace and recover assets in US, Canada, Caribbean, and internationally
Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides a wide range of strategic, financial and operating solutions for businesses of all sizes—including large enterprises, mid-sized companies and small private businesses. We work with organizational leaders in collaboration with their advisors, lenders and other professionals, to offer seamless support in four key areas: restructuring, financial, human capital and consulting.
Since 1979, Farber has grown to more than 50 offices across Canada and over 250 employees. This diverse national footprint, combined with our membership in the BTG Global Advisory network, allows us to provide the international reach, local expertise and personalized approach our clients need to succeed in today’s global economy.
Making business work better, together.TM